Sunday, June 20, 2004

64 to the floor

On my way home from work this evening some kid in a Silverado pulled up next to me at a light. I looked over at him and he was looking at me and then he started inching up and revving his engine like he wanted to drag me. Having not been in a good drag since I traded the Miata in for my Ranger I gave him a knowingly nod. I didnt think I had a chance but I thought it would be fun. As I patiently waited for the light to turn green he kept revving his engine and inching up. Finally the light changed and I spun my tires like any good dragster would do. They caught and I was off like a rocket. Almost immediately I could see his headlights in my rear view mirror. Not until I reached 70 did he start to catch up with me. Being at 70, which is also double the speed limit, I decided that the race was over and took my foot off the accelerator at which time he quickly speed past me. It was at this point that I realized that he was really trying to catch me and couldnt. It just goes to show that Its not how big your engine is, its how you drive the car.

2 comments:

Beatrix Kiddo said...

i dont know stemshul i think you just got lucky and raced ronny or something a Ranger vs a Silverado i might believe it if it was a level 2 but you prbly dont even know what that is

stemshul said...

I heard you the first time. You are the Leader of the Gay Parade though; hence why, you need to repeat your self all the time.