Friday, February 10, 2006

Imagine

I love the Olympics. I dont care about them one iota when its the off time. For some reason though, I feel compelled to take the 2 weeks off and upgrade my cable so I get all of NBCs affiliates so I dont miss a second.


The opening ceremonies is one of my favorite parts. Theres all kinds of weird music and dancing and lights and pyrotechnics and balloons and Ferraris and small childrans singing. Then theres the lighting of the torch. Its just magical. Its like Disney World without the whole girlfriend cheating on you part. (Perhaps a little too personal but I dont mind being bitter.)


What its really all about is the bling. How many shiny things can the good old USA take home? How many of our mans and womans can go the fastest down a hill or around a circle? How many can jump the farthest or prettiest? Will I finally understand what the hell curling is? These are the questions that the next 2 weeks are all about.


Image found here.

2 comments:

katohater said...

did you actually take two weeks off work?

stemshul said...

I wish.