Monday, October 22, 2007

And Dont Forget My Black T Shirt

just-going-to-the-dentist.gifBack in July:
I had a lot of dental work done. I paid upon completion of service. I received a statement from my insurance company explaining what they would pay and learned that I over paid because blah blah blah. I called the dentist and he said that he hasnt received payment from the insurance company but when he does well sort the balance out.

Today:
I still havent received anything from the dentist so I get all my numbers in order and call him up to see where my $170.80 is. He looks up my file and very quickly says he owes me $170.80. Then he explains that unless a patient requests the money they dont send it out. Hell send it out next Wednesday.

Now I know this is how a lot of places do it but frankly I think its bull shit. If I owe a business money and dont pay them in a timely manner I get fees and penalties and all kinds of other crap. But for some reason when a company or business owes a person money there arent any consequences for them not coughing up the money. I think I might go down there and get my check right now. (And then stab him in the eye with some of his tools.)

8 comments:

slipperyamoeba said...

I don't think that's how most businesses work. We've had a few checks show up recently in the mail from services that we overpaid on a year ago (when we cut off service after leaving Michigan) where the company clearly had made a strong effort to track down our new address. You'd assume that you'd have some right to charge interest or penalties to any company that knowingly didn't make the effort to give you back your money. Or at least just get a new dentist.

Crazy Cat Lady said...

I don't like the new layout. Fix it.

IKYAM said...

Preach on, brother! I like the new look too.!

Stemshul said...

What dont you like?

Crazy Cat Lady said...

Mainly that I can't click to other blogs from here. Unless I am really stupid and missed something. And that only the current post is up. I can find more wrong if you would like...

Stemshul said...

Currently the blogroll isnt accessible. Im working on that. Itll be in the same place as the archives and categories lists. Do you know where those are?

As for the only one post up thing.. I like it.

What else?

i SiN said...

I think it looks pretty cool in here, more organized but the ice taco's look a little funny. They don't look like taco's anymore, they look more like keno tiles. it must be fixed!

whitey said...

I like the picture by the comment box.