Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Baby Mice

This pretty much sums up how I feel about this whole Koran flushing ordeal. Heres the long and short of it. Well the short of it anyway. Now for me to rant.

If I want to flush a copy of the Koran (or any other book for that matter) down the toilet that should be between me and my American Standard. I dont understand how putting a book in the crapper could be considered "prisoner abuse". Its a book. Its paper with ink on it. I know that some people consider their religious books to be sacred and holy but how is it abusive. Did they hurt the prisoners feelings? Well I hope so. THEYRE BEING INTERROGATED! A book is a book, and that is all that it is. Those guards were doing their jobs. If someone was interrogating me, I would hope that they were capable enough in their jobs to know what would get to me. In these peoples case, it was a book.

No comments: