Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Came in from a rainy Thursday

First it should be said that a tire guy is the lowest common denominator when it comes to auto repair technicians. He is the most useless and incapable of all the techs. Dont believe his lies.

Today I went to Discount Tire to get 2 new tires, 5 new rims and 20 new lug nuts to be put on The Green Fever. The reason for all this is that I had 1 tire that is completely bald, 4 rims that are so old they wont make a good seal with the tires which constantly need to be filled with air and about 4 different style lug nuts of all shapes and sizes (including missing). The plan was to put the 2 new tires on 2 of the new rims and then onto the front of my car. Then they were to put the 3 tires that werent beyond use on the other three rims. The 2 best of which would be put on the rear of my car and the 5th in the trunk so I would have a full size spare. I explained this all to the gentleman who was helping me and reviewed my desires with him 3 times. Satisfied that my demands would be met, Ugly Kid and I went to McDonalds for some lunch.

We ate our lunch (and I must say we got decent service), and then waited for them to call and say we could get The Green Fever.

In no time flat they called and said The Green Fever was ready. There was only one problem. They, despite the fact that their inventory said that they had 7, only had 1 of the tires I wanted. But they put a loner tire on and I can stop in tomorrow and have the correct tire put on. A little bit of a hassle but all in all not to bad. We go.

Ugly Kid drops me off and I go in to get my key. The guy at the counter asks me to pay and I tell him that I already did. Not convinced he checks with the other guy and he explains that, much to his dismay, I am not a liar. He gives me my receipt and key and I leave. As Im walking to the car I think to myself, Id better check to make sure that they put the right tires on all the rims. New tire on the front left, good. Loner tire on the front right, ok. Good shape old tire on the back left, good. Good shape tire on the back right, good. Open the trunk, wait, what? Check inside passenger compartment, huh? Check trunk again, WHAT THE FUCK? Storm back into the store.

"Is there something I can do for you?" Says the poor unsuspecting tire man. "Yeah, you can tell me where my other tire is!" I reply. Stay calm, stay calm. Simple mistakes are easier fixed when you stay calm. He then takes me into the shop and asks if its one of those, pointing to my 2 old tires still on their original rims. I explain to him that, yes it is one of those and kick the one it is, and that it is supposed to be on a new rim and in my trunk. We go back into the showroom and get out the receipt. The receipt says I only paid for 4. I explain that I told the other guy 3 times exactly what I wanted and he repeated it back to me and told me that the price on this receipt was what I was going to have to pay to have that done. “Heres what we can do for you. I can give you a 5th rim at our cost.” At this point there was a crowd of 5 tire guys hovering around and its time to get the anger out. I told them that I had no intention of paying another cent to fix their 2nd mistake today on this 1 ticket. After a little talking between them they realized that I was not a happy person and that something needed to be done if they ever hoped to receive any money from me before the end of human existence. Fortunately for them, they made the right decision and said that they would give me the rim for free. Little did they know that had they not come to that very conclusion, they would have been taking all the new rims and tires off my car, putting my old ones back on and giving me my money back.

Hopefully tomorrow will be much better and I wont feel compelled to kill any of the much deserving tire guys I encounter. If I do kill any of them youll hear about it here first.

3 comments:

katohater said...

now that is a blog post.

good one.

everywhere you go, someone is trying to pull one over on you. everywhere. like that guy who said you didn't give him his change.

"In this life, it's not what you hope for, it's not what you deserve - it's what you take." -Frank T.J. Mackey

Beatrix Kiddo said...

Been watching a litte Magnolia lately?

shedubeard said...

I might feel compelled to be an accomplice.