Thursday, October 06, 2005

Its Like A Free Ride, When Youve Already Paid

In this post Big Um states that Christians are "condescending, egotistical, self righteous bastards who would rather impart their doctrine on others than live be their own self professed creed." Hmmm. I didnt know Christians and former Hells Pizza area managers had so much in common.

I know a boy named Slayer. Slayer isnt the smartest person Ive ever met but he has a good heart. He was raised in a Christian home and never knew anything else. He has very strong convictions about his beliefs even though hes not smart enough to back them up. He is one of the best examples of blind faith that I can point to in my life.

I used to work with Big Um and Slayer. If Christianity would ever come up, even in the slightest Big Um would get very defensive. For him the best defense is to be loud and offensive. He would talk about the inconsistencies in the Bible, "disprove" miracles and do whatever it took to persecute Slayer for his beliefs. As the discussion progressed into an argument Big Um would just yell louder and fat his way around the kitchen until no one else could be herd. I still dont know what his contempt for Slayers beliefs stems from but it certainly brought out a lot of fear and paranoia.

A side note on historical accuracy. The Bible was not "re-written by a king". I think what this is referring to is the King James Bible. This edition of the Bible was constructed by the Protestant Clergy under the permission of King James. Click here for a detailed time line.

6 comments:

katohater said...

doesn't the king james one have all them olden days words? thees and thous and shits.

i don't believe in that one.

Beatrix Kiddo said...

Slayer up and slayer down and slayer all around. I listen to that slayer for that heavy metal sound. Slayer left and slayer right slayer every night listen to that slayers gonna make me want to fight.

vrblpollution said...

I don't ever remember persecuting Slayer for any of his beliefs. Slayer is a good kid, and has incredible potential(personality wise that is). As for me being loud and offensive......Stemshul drinks his own pee.

vrblpollution said...

By the way, what exactly does fat around the kitchen mean?

stemshul said...

Im sorry. What I ment was loud, offensive and clever!

vrblpollution said...

BOOM BABBA BOOM BABBA BOOM! (me fatting around the kitchen)