Monday, October 03, 2005

So Sally Can Wait

I went to the Thrift Acres last night to pick up a couple things my consort forgot to get (or I forgot to ask her to get.) I arrived at about 1:30 am and naturally they were waxing the floors and stocking the isles. On my way to the OJ a woman moved her palette of goodies right in front of it and walked away. No problem, it was still on its wheels so I moved it and got my juice. I got the next 2 items with out much trouble. Oh wait, dont forget the mayo! Shit, theyre waxing infront of the mayo isle and have it taped off. I could go around or I could just duck under the tape. Nobodys here so duck I will. Mayo grabbed. As I return to the tape only 6-4 feet from my cart the wax man confronts me. Hes saying something to me but I dont have a clue what it is. This can be attributed to the fact that I don’t hear so well anymore, his heavy accent and my lack of concern for what hes saying. After he repeats himself about 10 times I say OK and duck under the tape again and go to my cart. I go pick up the last thing on the list and head to the checkout.

Its 1:45 at this time and of course theres only 1 check out lane open. Fortunately theres only one person in line and it appears that most of her items have been scanned. The casher finished bagging the rest of her cloths. (Yes the woman is doing her wardrobe shopping at 1:30 at the supermarket.) What happens next is amazing. The casher realizes that for the last 5 minutes he hasnt scanned anything that hes put into a bag. WTF? I thought it was a little funny that there was no beeping and everything was just being put into bags but I assumed that he had scanned one item and multiplied it. Fuck me. Everything comes back out and gets scanned. Then the lady decides she wants to pay with a check. Youve got to be kidding me. Who pays for groceries with a check in this day and age. I havent written a check at a business in years. I dont think you can get a checking account without an accompanying debit/credit card anymore and its so much faster to use the card. I seriously almost kicked the womans cart over and set her check book on fire.

1 comment:

katohater said...

where's the u-scan-it express?