Friday, December 02, 2005

Livin, Lovin, Shes Just A Woman

I had the pleasure of delivering some food to one of the old people homes this evening. I hate going to these places. They reek of death and theres craziness running (or rather rolling in their wheel chairs) rampant everywhere. Heres a run in I had with one of the crazies tonight.

Crazy: Are you the mail man?
Me: No.
Crazy: Are you the mail man?
Me: No, Im the pizza man.
Crazy: Are you the mail man?
Crazy: What day is it tomorrow?
Crazy: Whats the date tomorrow?
Crazy: What day is it tomorrow?
Crazy: Whats the date tomorrow?
Crazy: Why dont we have a calendar in here?

Old people should not be left out in the hall way unattended. Yes, I know, some day that will be me. When Im old and crazy I would like to be left in a room, alone. Perhaps with a dog or other animal that will pay attention to me that I can talk to.

Old lady photo found here.

No comments: