Friday, December 30, 2005

The Year in Review

I was trying to think of a way to recap the year. This one, which I found on one of my wifes friends Xangas, reminded me of Ikyam and the good old days so I decided to give it a shot.

1. What did you do in 2005 that youd never done before?
Worked out an entire 2 weeks notice.

2. Did you keep your New Years resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
No, no, no. This does raise an interesting question though... Was the mom joke resolution a resolution for only 2005 and if so does that mean that they are fair game come the New Year?
I plan to make the first 2 resolutions again. Well see about anything else.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Crazy Mom and I think one of my cousins did. Perhaps they dont qualify as 'close' if I dont know.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
No.

5. What countries did you visit?
None.

6. What would you like to have in 2006 that you lacked in 2005?
Self discipline.

7. What date from 2005 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
I cant recall any specific dates from this year.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Passed the steering/suspension certification test.

9. What was your biggest failure?
Gaining back all 15 pounds I lost over the summer.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
No, this was another healthy year. Probably the worst thing was getting burned by the 'anti freeze' in my dads van. (I also didnt lose at euchre.)

11. What was the best thing you bought?
The Bible I gave my wife.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My wife for making it through her hardest semester yet and not killing anyone.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
My sister and mine for refusing to forgive my father.

14. Where did most of your money go?
Credit card bills.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Camping, cookouts and Mario Kart Tournaments.

16. What song will always remind you of 2005?
Weezers 'This is Such a Pity'.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? Same.
ii. thinner or fatter? Same.
iii. richer or poorer? Poorer.

18. What do you wish youd done more of?
Exercise.

19. What do you wish youd done less of?
Eat and smoke.

20. How will you be spending this New Years Eve?
With my lovely wife, and anyone else who wants to come over.

22. Did you fall in love in 2005?
I fall in love all over again every time I see my beautiful wife. Awwwww.

23. How many one night stands?
None.

24. What was your favorite TV program?
My Name is Earl.

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didnt hate this time last year?
"Friendly Neighbor". I have hated many people in my days but none as much as him. NONE!

26. What was the best book you read?
The Chronicles of Narnia

27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
I rediscovered Weezer with Make Believe.

28. What did you want and get?
Many many things.

30. What was your favorite film of this year?
King Kong.

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Worked, I think. 26.

32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Passing the brakes test the first time around.

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2005?
If it didnt get any unfixable holes or unwashable stains in/on it last year then its good enough for this year.

34. What kept you sane?
My wife, 64, tacos.

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Probably Katie Holmes. She impressed me in Batman Begins. Plus, shes a little hottie.

36. What political issue stirred you the most?
I wanna say Terri Schiavo. Not because I cared about whether she lived or died or who got to decide on the matter. I was 'stirred' because of how Congress got involved. WTF?
But then I didnt even know she they let her die until 2 weeks after it happened. That means that the whole Katrina incident is probably my most stirring event.
Its really to bad that both of these issues can be categorized as political.

37. Who did you miss?
Katohater. I still 'talk' to him on the Google Talk almost daily but we miss having him over for cards and movies and the like.

38. Who was the best new person you met?
That would be Q from Hells Pizza. Im really not sure it it was this year or last that we met. But I know we didnt Hunter, Bear, Ninja until 2005 and I dont know that I could truly know anyone until Ive Hunter, Bear Ninjad with them.

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2005:
Unfortunately I dont learn so well.

40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
He used to do surgery, for girls in the 80s, but gravity always won.

xoxo,
Stemshul

8 comments:

Crazymom said...

Good review of your year. We miss Katohater too.

st. mary's 7 said...

Maryanne gave birth too...and that was the best gift!

st. mary's 7 said...

Those are two separate ammendments by the way for #3 and #11...not that Maryanne's baby isn't a wonderful gift to her!

ikyam said...

Nice year. Though, I don't know why your post reminded you of me.



By the way, Fill this out and send it to ten freinds and Matt's Tacos Inc. will send you 100 big ones.

THIS YEAR...

How many tacos did you eat?

How many bodyparts have been tibed?

How many times has neil never let you play?

How many times have you mocked Neil?

How many Pizzas have you made?

How many times have you said "it hit the thing"?

How many times has Pheesh made you laugh?

How many trips have you made to autozone?

How many times have you waited for dan?

If you could tibed any celebrity, who would it have been, and why?

If you could have gone back in time and been tibed by any historical figure, who would it be, and why?

How many times have you bought easy cheese and rold folds?

How many times have you found yourself singing turtle dreams to yourself?

Crazymom said...

Shouldn't you be answering these questions on your blog as well, Ikyam?

ikyam said...

Only if someone sends it to me.

ssh.. You don't know anything crazy mom

Crazymom said...

It's true.

64tacos » The Year in Review 2006 said...

[...] Heres the same list from last year. I liked it so Im using it again. [...]