Thursday, January 12, 2006

How Many More Times

As of late, Shedubeard has accused me of filling my blog with garbage. He says that my movie review system: Watch it!, Watch it., Watch it?, Dont watch it?, Dont watch it., Dont watch it!, is "a copout". I have previously explained why I use this method of reviewing and dont see how its any less worthy of review status than any other movie review. How often do you actually read Ebert and Ropers reviews? Never, you just see how many thumbs they gave it. Ill say it again, if you dont think its a valid review then do me a favor and shut up and look here for your reviews and not my website.

Now with validity of review out of the way, Ill address whether it should be considered to be a post or not. I cant imagine why a movie review would be considered an illegitimate post. Its certainly as viable as posting something you read at work on the bulletin board. Or a discussion you and your wife had about her funeral arrangements. Not to mention the whiney trip through Pheeshland that prompted this post. Now I hope youve gotten it out of your system Shedu. If you cant live up to a post every 48 hours just bring your knees over and Ill do whats necessary.

Am I mad about the Shedus comments? No, I just needed something to blog about and didnt get any Netflix today.

Image found here.

1 comment:

katohater said...

it's true. you didn't get any netflix today.

i think you guys are taking this way too seriously. it's not about the quantity. it never should be. in my eyes, neither of you have done anything wrong. i like to mock shedu about the 48 hour rule, because he's shedu and mocking is what he always deserves. sometimes the words and ideas just don't want to poop themselves out. but at least we're trying and that's all we can ever do.

and i read ebert's reviews sometimes. all the way through with no skimming. mostly it's boring, but sometimes he has good things to say that you wouldn't get from just a thumb up or down.

i wish you would elaborate with your movie reviews, but the more you do it the simple way, the better it gets. i don't know how that's possible, but it is. the best thing you can do is stick to your guns and anyone who doesn't like it, tell them to fuck off.

now, continue feuding ye brothers of mine for i wish to see blood drawneth.