Friday, January 13, 2006

Im Perfectly Willing To Home School The Child

I may be the only one who noticed this, and Im almost certain Im the only one who cares, but some of you blogging newbies are neglecting to align your text with the tops of the images. What the hell am I talking about you ask. Look here, here and here. Youll notice that the images are higher than the first line of text. Here, here and here however they line up beautifully. (Do everyone a favor and never look to this blog for formating advice.)

This isnt youre fault of course. Its a flaw in Blogger. When you upload the image it automatically puts a line break in after it. In order to fix this all you have to do is delete it. If you write your post in the Edit Html field then after uploading the image delete any spaces between the beginning of your text and the end of the anchor tag. If you use the Compose field then just delete the spaces between the text and image.

Another thing that you might want to do every couple weeks or so is republish your entire blog. This updates all the indexes on old posts. To do this click on the "Posting" tab and click Status then Republish Entire blog.

O ke doke, Ive gotten that off my chest now. Just for good measure... Shedubeard has sex with boys.

8 comments:

Crazymom said...

I have noticed that many times when I post ... I just don't care. Is this stemshul being picky or simple blogging etiquette? Either way - it doesn't really matter to me. If it will make you happy - I will be happy to oblige.

stemshul said...

Just trying to pass my wisdom on to new bloggers. I had many posts with misaligned images.

Also, I believe you mean edicut. Thats how Ive got it on many of my character sheets. But then you dont DnD so you cant be expected to know.

Crazymom said...

nope - but I do the DM so it could be assumed that I might.

stemshul said...

Its true. Thats actually how I found out.

ikyam said...

AH, don't ever say "do the Dm" again. I'm already having problems sleeping.

Anjoddn - the self protector

Beatrix Kiddo said...

That was done artistically asshole.

AlyKat64 said...

Somehow everything turns to sex.

shedubeard said...

Looks like someone needs a tib.