Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Baby You Can Drive My Car

Well its that day again. All the girls at work asked me what I was doing for my wife today. And every time I responded: Nothing. Typical man, thats not very nice, blah blah blah. Yeah, I hear it every year. And every year I respond with: I dont love her any more today than I do any other day so what makes this day so special?

Along time ago, when my beautiful wife and I started dating, I told her that I dont observe Hallmark holidays. That doesnt mean your not going to get flowers and candy or that I dont love you. Ill get you those things when I want, not when Russell Stover says I should. And thats what I do. I get her things and its a surprise, its genuine and I think she prefers it that way.

I explained all this to a couple of the girls that were very persistent about me being an asshole. Then one of them said, "Well we (girlfriends and wives) need one day." Then she tells me that I have to find out what her boyfriend is doing for her (he works there too). When I find out Im to report to her. That way, if hes doing something for her she can do something for him but if hes not then shes not going to bother. I told her she should just go buy him some flowers and give them to him regardless of what hes going to do. She didnt like that idea.

What kind of world do we live in? Its gotten to the point where women focus so much on a select few days because their husbands/boyfriends/pimps dont know how to take care of them all year round. It makes me sad.

I know that not all women are like this and not all men dont know how to treat their ladies. Anger works better with broad sweeping generalizations.

5 comments:

Crazymom said...

I blame it on Feminism.

Beatrix Kiddo said...

I dont punch my girlfriends on valentines day i figure thats enough.

katohater said...

this is why we find the good girls and treat them right.

or, in my case, the good girl finds me.

st. mary's 7 said...

To be honest...I much prefer it this way. We didn't even mention the V word to each other yesterday, and it was nice.

Crazymom said...

I love that picture