Thursday, May 10, 2007

A Tribute to the Basement and the Shedu Within

A couple of you may recognize this. It was orignally intended to be on the home page of thebasement.com. Unfortunitaly that never happened.

impala-mustache.jpgOnce upon a time there was a group of boys.  Only they werent a group yet.  It took a car to bring them together.  A 1981 Chevy Impala to be exact…

I had just started the second semester of freshman year in high school.  There were a couple of cute older girls on my bus ride home and also a kind of dorky kid Neil who I had P.E. with.  The girls talked to me but when they werent on the bus there wasnt anyone other than Neil to talk to.  Since I wasnt all that cool myself, we got along quite well.

Sophomore year came along.  Still unable to drive Neil and I continued to ride the bus home.  The older girls however were gone.  This led to actual conversations between us and we would also hang out during breaks.  Neil was going to be the first to get his license and he was also anticipating having access to a car.  Jokingly I offered Neil 'Best Friend' status if he gave me a ride home so I wouldnt have to ride the bus home with all the under classmen.  Neil, being the always willing to please individual he is, said why not.  The day came for Neil to drive to school for the first time.  He asked me if I wanted to go to his birthday party and I said sure.  This was  my first time to the basement.  The rest is history…

Fact:
Birds can not grow mustaches. Yet another reason to hate them.

1 comment:

alykat said...

What will it take to get back on your blog list???