Friday, September 07, 2007

California Dreamin

Some kid starting yelling "Hi dad!" at me as I was riding home from work today. He was about 100 yards away across one of the parks I cut through. He kept yelling and yelling. For fun I decided to go over and see what his problem was.

As I approached it appeared that the boy and his 2 friends were in their early teens. The fat one (my "son") continued his mantra while the other 2 boys giggled like school girls. This continued until I got right up to them. This is the discussion that followed.

Why are you yelling hi dad at me?
Because youre my dad. (Giggle giggle)
Im not your dad. Youre too ugly to be my son.
(Silence)
Beside, if you were my son you wouldnt be standing in the middle of a field yelling at random passers buy just to get attention. You simply wouldnt be that desperate. So why are you so desperate? Dont your parents pay any attention to you? Did your dad leave you and your mom when you were little? Or perhaps he pays.. too much attention to you. When your dads been drinking are you  daddys "special boy?"

The boy was nearly in tears by this point.

So whats your name kid?
Craig.
Craig, stop making an ass out of yourself.

I got on my bike and  went home.

Most of this story isnt true.

4 comments:

whitey said...

I would believe it if you said it was true. In fact I believe that it is.

katohater said...

you believe everything, because you're white.

whitey said...

I dont believe that.

IKYAM said...

I do