Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Red Hot

Ive been making chili for several years now. It started out about average and over the years has gotten really good. Its to the point where chilipeppers.jpegIm thinking about entering a Chili Cookoff. Im not quite to the point of entering (I still use ground beef for my meat after all) but its getting close.

In preperation I decided to find out what associations and groups there are for the cookoff and what the rules are and basically how it all goes down. One thing that I found interesting is that beans are not allowed. Now Im just a white kid from the midwest and have only been to Texas once and that was for less then 5 hours along the highway but Ive only ever known chili with beans. Personally I dont have a problem excluding the beans. They certianly arent my favorite part and with the last incarnation of my recipe I only put half as many in anyway. It just doesnt seem right.

Anyway, Im going to take the beans out of my chili and figure out what form of meat Im giong to use. Perhaps Ill visit a cookoff once before I enter. At any rate, I have much work to do. This is one of the things Id like to achieve in life. Id like to win a chili cookoff.

2 comments:

slipperyamoeba said...

If there are no beans, doesn't that just make it some sort of iteration of spaghetti sauce?

katohater said...

you have to call it "dave's botulism sauce." please, oh, pretty please.