Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Hard Meat

When I arrived to work this morning there was already a ticket waiting. This was a little odd since we hadnt opened yet. Number (which is how Im going to refer to the girl tech from now on) was already there and had already checked out the 50013593.JPGticket. She said that it was for me. This struck me as odd because shes a gravy sucking hog and doesnt ever give any work away unless its warranty work. I asked what it was and she said that it was a car I looked at a little while ago that was back to have the brake work done and they asked for me.

I got changed and grabbed the ticket. Sure enough, the ticket said "Customer request - for DAVE". The car was in for front brakes and all the work was paid. I didnt remember evaluating a Chrysler 300 recently so I went up front to see if the car would jog my memory. I had never seen the car in my life. Curious, I checked to see if there was a brake evaluation filled out on the car from the last time they were in. Sure enough, there was the original ticket and eval, dated last night around 7pm and the eval was in one of the other techs handwriting. The tech who worked last night and had today off.

This all made sence now. The other tech did the evaluation last night, didnt have time to do the work and didnt work today. He checked to see who was opening this morning and saw that it was Number (I chose "Number" because its the opposite of her real name) and I. Because she sucks so bad, he wrote on the ticket that the customer requested I do the work. Genius!

No comments: