Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Pay No Attention to That Man Behind the Curtain.

It seems like every year or so I have to remind people that I dont really hate everyone. My persona on this blog is just that, a persona. If you dont like it, dont come here. And if you dont like that I comment on your blog, let me know and Ill stop.

hypocritejpg.bmpBefore leaving for work I read this post and would like to address a question that I believe I inspired.
how do you not become a hypocrite?

By not acting in opposition to your beliefs. Hypocrisy is, in my opinion, the greatest sin one can commit. When I believe in something I act according to that belief. If I cant do something then I dont expect anyone else with the same means to be able to do it either. Its simple to not become a hypocrite. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. Am I saying that I have never been and never will again be a hypocrite? No. It is human nature to sin. But I will try my best to keep from doing so and ask forgiveness when I fail.

Another question was posed in this post that Id like to address too.
where the hell was dave in all this? did he leave his anger pants at home?

I was distracted by sun stroke from the hour of tailgating in the Phoenix sun? I was distracted by the fact that someone just yelled "Lets go Lions, punch em in the face"? I was too excited to get off the bus and go see the game to realize that some asshole was insulting my lady? I didnt hear what he said, and didnt find out about it until after they had gone?

welcome-to-my-pants.gifI dont know where I was in all this. I feel like a failure though. Had I been on my game, Id like to think I would have said something like "Are you implying that shes not a true fan? I know its hard to believe that someone that hot could be a die hard football fan but she is. In fact, shes probably a bigger fan then you, your dad, your brother and that cow with her utter holder showing over there that you call a wife are put together. Now quit picking on my wife before I turn your cardinal red shirt, blood red."

I received this from Nisi in my MySpace in box yesterday.
i may be a little slow but the little disclaimer on my blog is not intended for you or anyone else in my little blogo world. aka, my blogger list. we're not all fortunate enough to have great relationships with our siblings as you seem to have. sure, you may piss me off from time to time, who hasn't? that is just life but it sure isn't a reason to put up a whole new graphic.

Whether its ego or paranoia, I generally think that, whenever possible, people are talking about or too me. If you tell me that youre not then Ill believe you. What I want to know is, if all the "anger" is always so public, why Nisi, did you send me this in private. Why not let everyone know?

4 comments:

teresa said...

sorry dave, my blog about how do you not become a hypocrite was not inspired by you. i hate to tell you this because it might burst your bubble. i fight with these constant feelings of wanting to shout out what other people are doing wrong (mainly family at this point)but yet i feel like i have no right to say anything because of what i have or haven't done in the past. the only one i really directed your way was the how do other people make it seem so easy to get angry over blogs? i wish i could get angry at certain people (family) but my weaknesses prevent me and instead i write a blog asking questions that indirectly state what pisses me off or keeps me up thinking and over analyzing.

i SiN said...

um because the person(s) that it is up there for I do not want to give the satisfaction of knowing that they are getting to me by their childish hurtful words. what you say is just words for amusement, these people know me and use things... looks, it's just complicated. that thing was not meant for you. i never thought you hated me, i thought i pissed you off pretty bad once when i insulted your sister, but, thats a family thing and that was my bad.

and another thing, people, just because i use a lot of sentence enhancers (swear words), it doesn't mean i am actually angry. i am a trashy talker, always have been and sadly always will be. ask cat lady. those sentence enhancers are used in all my gibberish, be it happy, sad, or angry. i was never angry in any of the comments i left here or anywhere. i get enthralled and some what annoyed when people say i must be unhappy in my marriage but that is only because, the marriage and my family (kids) is on a whole new level of game play for me, it's too personal. wanna push a button, push that. but i won't play for too long. my anger gets the better of me. now that i sound like a complete dork, i will shut the hell up now and go back to bed.

katohater said...

sometimes it's just better not to say anything.
that's what i do and it works out.

katohater said...

also, i'm a hypocrite.