Sunday, January 06, 2008

The Stairs of Cirith Ungol

stairs.jpgI woke up and it was a "chilly" 57 degrees out. The sun was blocked by clouds and I had the day off. Jaime wasnt feeling well and stayed in bed. I decided it was time to quit bitchin about the lack of winter and get out and enjoy it. So I leashed up Samwise and Gollum and we headed off to Shadow Mountain. We climbed the first peak and I was completely out of breath. The dogs however were having the time of their lives. We rested for a little bit and then I got a second wind. The nice thing about hiking up a mountain is that the trip back is the easy part. The next part was the real challenge. It wasnt hiking anymore, it was use your hands climbing. Nothing that youd need ropes or equipment for of course, but still, it was much easier being on all four. Having been higher then Id ever been by my own power I was satisfied for the day. Theres still at least one peak higher in this nature preserve. Perhaps well come back Tuesday with water and a couple granola bars.

1 comment:

Misty Mountain Hop | The Worlds Biggest Comment Card said...

[...] Sunday I went for a hike up Shadow Mountain. We didnt make it to the top. Today we did. here are the pictures. Youll have to excuse the quality on some of them. My camera phone couldnt handle the Phoenix sun. [...]