Friday, January 02, 2009

08 Wildcard Week

OK, so things didnt turn out quite how I planned. 4 of the AFC teams I picked to make the playoffs are in. Good job San Diego making it with the worst division winning record ever (tied). And what the heck is up with the 11-5 Patriots not making it. I knew there would be teams with 10-6 records not making it but holy crap.

I know I said it after week 10 but I realy mean it, the NFC is a mess. Some how, with a tie, the 9-6-1 Eagles sneak in for a wildcard spot. The previously 9-3 division leading Bucs become the 9-7 sitting at home watching the playoff Bucs. It doesnt really surprise me that the Vikings won their division. It really doesnt mean anything. Nobody wanted to win that division this year.

Tomorrow the Cardinals play the Falcons. Im pretty sure the Cardinals are going to lose but its probably going to be close. Theyll lose in true Arizona football style. After that, the Colts are going to destroy the Chargers. The Colts are frickin on fire. If theres a team in the AFC that I wouldnt want to play it would be them. Peyton (the good son) took a team that I didnt think would make it to the playoffs and made them a 12-4 team winning their last 9.

Sunday, the Ravens play the Dolphins in what I think will be the best game of the wildcard round. After that, the Eagles will annialate the Vikings. Donovan has something to prove and, while I dont think theyre going to win the big game, the Eagles are the team I wouldnt want to play in the NFC.

No comments: