Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Bluetooth Headset

First let me say that I have no illusions about how cool or uncool a Bluetooth headset and I realize that no one wears it as a fashion accessory. I would like to say that I absolutely love the functionality of my friend I've had it for a couple of days now and it is absolutely wonderful. In fact, I am writing this entire post while driving in my car. That bad I will be editing this when I get home to make sure I have all of the grammar and punctuation correct I will likely had a picture of a hot girl wearing a Bluetooth headset for Teresa. I know how she likes that.

As it turns out, I decided not to edit the above content. I liked it the way it was. Also, there arent any pictures of hot girls wearing bluetooth headsets. Sorry Teresa.

So, I got a bluetooth headset. I make a lot of calls on the road and decided it was time. That and I was tired of taping a pack of gum to my ear so that everyone would think that I was cool. I got the Plantronics Voyager Legend. (Use it!) It was well reviewed by online and it doesnt pretend to look cool, it just works. It looks like what it is, an ear piece with a microphone on it. I love it. It connects right to my phone when I put it on. It sounds just as good if not better than the speaker in my phone. Most importantly, I have my hands free to drive while Im conversing with people on the phone. It has taken me a little bit to get used to the cadence of the voice commands with the headset but I think Ive got it. I only have to pull my phone out if Im dialing an extension; everything else is hands free. 

We as a society have come to a place where our phones are expected to do everything automatically. In order to expand on that we have peripherals to support and increase their functionality. I love my headset but wont be the guy walking around the store talking on it. Ill use it for safety while driving but it doesnt improve anything beyond that. I would love to get a smart watch. I think the idea of being able to simply look at my wrist to see who just sent me a text message or email is brilliant. No, it isnt hard to take my phone out of the pocket but I like the idea of wearing a watch anyway so why not have it do more than tell time. As for Google Glass, I just dont know. I cant imagine a situation where I would want the features it offers. Not to mention Big Brother.

3 comments:

chooiegoos said...

How did you know I would read and look for the picture? Hah! I'm going to do the pack of gum method first.

Stemshul said...

The pack of gum will make you look almost as cool as someone with a bluetooth headset but you have to remember that you cant actually make calls with it. Theres no reason you cant walk around the mall talking to yourself though.

katohater said...

Other than making people look like yuppy chumps, my biggest complaint with headsets are that people will get the tiniest one that you can't see. So I'll be walking around a store and someone will say something loudly in my direction, and I'll have to figure out if they were talking to me or if they have a headset in the ear. Jus' sayin'.