Sunday, April 07, 2002

Forwards (retro)

Well, Ted's back to his old forwarding self. I wondered how long it would be before he started up again. Within the past 24 hours, I've gotten three crappy forwards from him.

Let's see, the first one was about replacing flight attendants with strippers so that there wouldn't be any more hijackings. Talk about a bunch of crap. Do you honestly think a pair of bouncing boobies are going to stop a religious fanatic from crashing a plane in the name of Allah? It would certainly make flying a lot less boring because I'd be hanging out in the Champagne Room. Oh, yeah.

I thought that this forwarded "waste of time" e-mail was just an isolated incident because Ted even said that he felt bad about doing it. I was willing to forgive one slip-up. Everyone makes mistakes, I mean, we are only human, right?

Wrong. Ted's got to be some sort of demon, who's only job is to make life miserable for everyone else.

So, I check my mail again and what do I find? You guessed it. Two more forwards. One was a picture of a room and after about 30 secs of staring at it, a "ghost" appears and screams at the top of it's lungs, leaving me with a load in my pants. I almost didn't dare look at what the other forward was. Eventually, I caved and decided to see what Ted found so utterly fascinating about this "killing kittens" e-mail. What I found was an image that was funny about four months ago when it first started circulating around the internet.

All of this is pretty darn funny, but it's not nearly as funny as what Dave will say when he finds three new forwards in his inbox after returning from vacation. Consider this your warning, Mr. Ted. If you continue down this path of endless forwards, your Person of the Week status will be revoked. Just be thankful that I haven't suspended you. If you play with fire, my friend, you will get burned.

Quote of the Day:
  • Also, you'll find a pair of safety glasses and some earplugs under your seats. Please feel free to use them.
Who said it? Max Fischer (Jason Schwartzman) in "Rushmore"

No comments: