Tuesday, June 21, 2005

A brief word on 'shines'

Im going to go about this as my friends would.

Self defense Shedubeard style. (Pretend I did it on purpose.)
According to Merriam Webster, the word shin comes from the Middle English word shine. Hence why I spelled the plural "shines". And just to prove that Im not the only one who uses it this way read this.

Self defense Ugly Kid style. (Confusion.)
Why are you blaming me.

Self defense Jew style. (Denial)
It was broken when I got here.

Self defense Katohater style. (Google did it so it cant be wrong.)
Dont you know that Blogger is owned by Google. Therefore everything about it is superior to everything else in the world. And since they are superior in every way there is no possibility that the spell checker could be wrong. And if you disagree with me on any of these points then you are a terrorist and traitor to the nation of Google. All hail Google. Microsoft is The Great Satan.

When all is said and done I had originally spelled shins without the e but the spell checker didnt recognize it and Im such a bad speller that I just assumed that I was wrong.

At this point it should be said that the spell checker said I spelled defense, Google and Blogger wrong this time around. I checked with Merriam Webster about defense and they agreed with me.

5 comments:

katohater said...

that blogger spell checker sucks.

what sucks worse, though, is when people don't learn how to spell, then blame their inadequacy on a piece of software.

and while some of what you say is absolutely true, you choose to ignore the most obvious contradiction.

i don't use blogger. i use wordpress, which has nothing to do with google whatsoever. when given the option to use google blogging software or another one, i chose the one that could do what i needed it to do. not the google one.

maybe you should find the blogging software with the best spell checker.

stemshul said...

Infidel!

katohater said...

i knew you'd say that.

my beard doesn't like you anymore.

shedubeard said...

Self Defense Stemshul Style.(Distract w/ anger then blame it on something/someone else)

stemshul said...

I admitted my fault. The blame has been accurately placed.