Tuesday, November 01, 2005

His Goal In Life Was To Be An Echo

You may or may not remember my post about Discount Tire in late June. To sum it up they fucked up on multiple occasions and I was not happy about it. Well, the saga continues.

A couple months ago I put a new tie rod end on the driver side of the Green Fever. To do this I had to take the tire off which meant loosening the lug nuts. These lug nuts were unlike any lug nut Id ever seen before. Theyre kinda 6 sided but they had little gutters rather than points where the sides intersected each other. I got the tire iron out and had to use the smallest size (17mm) to get them off and it would slip occasionally. I got them off and changed the tie rod and put the tire back on.

Today I planned to change the tie rod on the passenger side. I loosened 4 of the 5 nuts but could not get the last one to come off. It would slip every time I put alot of pressure on it. WTF. This mother fucker will not come off. I try every 6 sided nut turning device in my garage and they all slip. The ugly kid shows up already angry at the parts store chic for not ordering his parts and we decide to go up to Discount Tire.

We arrive and I explain to the guy whats happening. With a look of disbelief he says "lets go out there and take a look at it. I show him to the tire and get out the tire iron. As Im putting it on the lug nut he says "Wheres the key?" The key? Where IS the key? Thats a good question. Its obvious now that you need a key that fits the lug nuts to take them off. Where could that key have gone? Oh, I know. IT NEVER LEFT THEIR SHELF 4 MONTHS AGO WHEN I BOUGHT THE LUG NUTS. They never told me I needed a key and certainly didnt give me one. Mother fuckers.

3 strikes and youre out right? I wish it was 3 strikes and youre forced to close youre business. Those stupid mother fuckers fucked my order up 3 times. 3 times! Un fucking believable. I will never spend another penny at Discount Tire and you shouldnt either. (Unless youre my dad and you deserver to be fucked over.)

1 comment:

Beatrix Kiddo said...

You know Sony own's Discount Tire.