Saturday, October 29, 2005

"What Are Those Wierd Sounds?"

After a beautiful fight about audio archiving DnD the playing got started. Everything was going along swimmingly. Eddy L had his Jack and Popsi. Ugly Kid was arguing with Shedu in PC/NPC format. I was playing some Spider on the laptop. Shedu had the old iTunes shuffling through his oversized database of mp3 files. Suddenly everything stopped. Everything includes the DnD, the hint of anger lingering in the room and the ability to understand what any of us are doing in the world. Thats right... Esters Song came up next on shuffle. And so began the Turtle Dream.

Its been said that minimalism is a good thing. If kept in small doses. Well if thats true then why am I compelled to erase every audio file on my computer and burn every compact disc I have and replace it with every Meredith Monk album ever recorded? OooooooorrrhhhEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. OooooooorrrhhhEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. OooooooorrrhhhEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. And since I cant do that (my wife would kill me if I burned her Cheryl Crow albums) does that mean that we have to start a minimalist band? And if so how do you do that? Can you have a “band” and still be minimalists? What if your band accidentally had too many people in it? More than the minimum. What if, what if, what if, what if, what if I?

1 comment:

katohater said...

i'm going to make some avant garde music and i think you should too.

we can post it online and laugh at eachother.