Tuesday, February 20, 2007

A Pig, In A Cage, On Antibiotics

bumpinasp.jpg"Does my bass bother you guys?"
"No, we dont really notice it."
Thats a lie my wife told "the elephants above" (band name?) a while back. She really likes bumpin it. Now, mind you, weve got some serious 5.1 going on down here so it isnt hard to drown her out, and drown her out we do.

So Im sitting here at my prehistoric computer, doing some online and its all quiet. I remember that with one key stroke on my glorious keyboard the iTunes will launch and randomly select a song from the hundreds of legally loaded songs on my hard drive. The first song that comes on is a 7 Mary 3 song and its good. Next is a Semisonic song and thats good as well. Thirdly, Radioheads Ripcord comes on. Glorious is the Ripcord, but Im listening to it on computer speakers. Sure theyre Boston Acoustic speakers and in their realm, they do well, but this is Radiohead. Im listening to this meticulously constructed music on 2" speakers with a 6" “subwoofer” when, a mere 12' away theres some serious Sony+JBL magic begging to be put to use. Granted, using the big system means I dont have the massive library at my finger tips. If I want to listen to something other then whats on the CD I select I have to get up and put a new disc in. Needless to say, I opted to bump it. Theres not a bad song on any of the Radiohead albums I own and some times you have to sacrifice convenience for quality. Plus its fun to see the candles rattle their way off the top of the TV.

7 comments:

katohater said...

cds are so last decade. get with the program. everyone downloads music for free now. oh, wait, i forgot. nothing after 1999 is worth listening to unless it's wilco or it's on a television commercial.

you've just been hated.

Stemshul said...

You dont like Wilco. Dont even pretend you do. That would be way to mainstream.

i SiN said...

exactly right kato... nothing since 1999 is even worth buying or downloading legally...

crazy cat lady said...

No more Hinder for you than, Nisi.

Stemshul said...

Ill hinder your mom! ZING!

i SiN said...

Hinder is good.. But it isn't worth paying for. I listen to it for free on the online or, I borrow the CD from the She-Beast's brother.

64tacos » Funk Soul Brother said...

[...] this post I struggled with one of mans ultimate decisions. What is more important, quality or convenience? [...]