Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Thank God For Camera Phones

0410071108.jpgInterview complete. We arrived around 6:39am. As we walked up the people in charge said that there were about 5,000 people there and they were expecting another 5,000 to show up in the next couple hours so they needed us to compact the line a little bit. As the sun rose we waited mere feet from the shade of the tent. After things had heated up some of the the ladies came out. Haley Marie and Anya were there. I ran over to them and pushed my way up and got my picture taken with them. It was glorious.

A little after noon, they come on the PA again and explained how this was all going to go down. Everyone was going to be divided into groups of 10 and the groups of 10 would go up to 1 of the 8 tables that each had a scout at them. The scout would then listen to your pitch for why you should be on the show. Each person will have 20 seconds. If you job isnt interesting they dont care about it. If youre not going to do anything interesting with the money, they dont care about it. You have 20 seconds to prove that youre interesting enough to be on the show so dont waiste their time, or yours, with mundane information. You wont get on the show if you do. ONLY TELL THEM INTERESTING THINGS.

0410071106.jpgAbout 3 hours later our group got up to the front. Most of the other people did exactly what they were told not to and waisted their time Telling them where they were from and their kids names and borring shit. I essentially said this: "Hi, Im Dave. Im going to have #6 and #4 stand in front because 64 is the best number in the world and then from there Im going to let my die do the picking." At which point I rolled all the die on the table.  "Ill use the 30 sided die for the first round, 20 sided for the second round, 12 side, 10 sided and on and on." The guy said, "OK, cool." Which is more then he said for most of the other people in my group.

I dont know if Ill be on the show yet. Theyve been known to call people back the next day. Theyve also called people 9 months after their interview. If I get the call back youll be the first to know.

4 comments:

stmarys7 said...

Dave's thoughts in pic #1:

Oh God, oh God, oh God...please work...don't run away...please work...ooooohhhhhhhha.

Crazymom said...

I'm so jealous. I wish I could have met the hot briefcase babes. It sounds like you have done all you can do. May the lemonhead be with you.

i SiN said...

Sweet! I agree Jaime, he looks mortified in that first picture =)

Your gimmick is more interesting than any of the other shows they've had, you're sure to get on!

IKYAM said...

I am so proud of you!