Monday, September 24, 2007

Shining Up My Saddle

wp100_01.jpgSunday Jaime and I went to look for a new saddle for my "new" bike. First we went to Target. They had the seats but no seats posts. I was afraid that might happen. Next we went to REI. They had everything we needed. Apparently you cant just walk in and buy a seat post. They come in about 64 different diameters which vary by .2mm. After talking to the guys there about it for a couple minutes it was decided that I would go back and get the bike and they would measure it for me. 27.0mm is the diameter the bike requires. So I get my post and head over to the saddle section. For those of you who dont know, REI is a high end athletic goods store. This is why they have things like seat posts. They also had a selection of nearly 20 saddle. They ranged in price from $30 to $200. I reluctantly bought the $30 seat. Its very comfortable. My ride to work had increased in comfort 10 fold due to my upgrade in bike and seat.

No comments: