Saturday, October 06, 2007

"I want candy. I want cake. I want donuts. I want fruit snacks. I want sugar, Sugar, SUGAR!"

pouting_unique_halloween_co.jpgThe new guy at work got his first taste of warranty work today. He did an alignment, which usually is the best paying job for the amount of time it takes, and when he was looking at his commission he saw that he didnt get paid anything for it. Well he was pissed. Blah, blah, blah. Im not doing any more warranty work. Blah, blah, blah. Im going to find out who did the work in the first place and they owe me the commission. Blah, blah, blah. If Im not getting paid for this then Im taking this rim (pointing to one of the display models on the wall.)

After the initial anger subsided, I explained to him that hes going to have to get used to doing warranty work. If something comes in and the tech who messed it up is in then by all means give it to them. But if theyre not there, and its the next job, youre stuck doing it. He goes on to say that thats bull shit. Where I used to work blah, blah, blah. Then I told him he doesnt work there anymore. This is how its done here. And hes either going to have to change or find another job because thats just how it is.

A little while later, he was waiting for one of the other techs to finish using one of the specialty tools so that he could do another alignment. He was so upset about this that he sat down on his tool cart, arms and legs crossed and pouted. It was so funny. I dont know that Ive ever seen a grown man pout before. I imagine that its something like what happens when a child is taken off of their sugar habit. It was awesome.

No comments: