Tuesday, September 20, 2005

First thing a Cry Baby Girl learns, our bazooms are our weapons

We watched My Name is Earl, The Office (American Edition) and Cry Baby tonight.

My Name is Earl lived up to the anticipation that the ads put out for it. If you want a summary of the show go here, here or here. Theyll tell you what its all about. What Im going to tell you is that with the exception of Scrubs, I cant remember the last time I laughed so hard a sit com. Finally, a show that makes it worth owning a VCR again. (Yeah, I still dont have TiVo. Someday!) Watch this show!

The Office, if you dont know by now, is a brilliant adaptation of the BBC show by the same name. Its like the BBC version in that it has the same basic premise with the same basic character but because all the actors are different it has an entirely different feel. Watch this show!

Along with most of the other Gen X/Gen Yers, I have a strange fondness for all things 80s. This infatuation is unexplainable and illogical when one stands back and looks at what the 80s did to us. Fortunately for us, love does not require logic to be intact and in fact usually frowns on it. Cry Baby is frickin awesome. I dont know if it was made before or after Heathers or any of those other great 80s "cult classics" but its one of the best. Watch this movie!

OK so when I was putting in all the links I noticed that Cry Baby was made in 1990. Are we going to fault John Waters for making an 80s movie a year late? I wont.

5 comments:

katohater said...

john winters doesn't make movies late. he makes them precisely when he means to.

katohater said...

john winters doesn't make movies late. he makes them precisely when he means to.

Beatrix Kiddo said...

Ok gandalf.

Beatrix Kiddo said...

Ok gandalf.

Carrie said...

I actually love that movie(probablly because well Johnny Depp Yeah). Did you know Johnny Depp was 27 when he played Cry Baby? I didn’ I figured it out on my own. :) ;) :p